I have been cooking a lot these days, however I just don’t have enough time to keep updating my blog as frequently as I would like to. Sometimes I cook dishes for a particular event and don’t get around to posting it before the deadline :-(. Hopefully, I'll be able to manage work, home, baby and blog more efficiently in the future.
Anyways, few weeks back, I was browsing through my recipe folder when I came across this traditional maharashtrian recipe of corn curry. I immediately decided to make this as D absolutely loves corn and I had some fresh whole corn in the refrigerator that had to be used up. The dish turned out really good …tasted like some delicious chicken/ mutton curry sans the meat.
3 corn on the cobs
1 large red onion (@ 1cup roughly chopped red onions)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup fresh grated coconut
2 whole dried kashmiri red chillies
2-3 cloves garlic
2 inch piece ginger
1/2 cup chopped cilantro + more for garnishing
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3 tbsps oil
1/4 tsp hing/ asafoetida
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander- cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Clean the corn by peeling off the husk and chop them into 3 inch pieces.
2. Add some salt and cook the corn in the pressure cooker.
3. Blend together fresh grated coconut, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cilantro and dried red chillies into a paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add hing/ asafoetida,red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
5. Now add the masala paste and fry it till oil separates.
6. Add coriander- cumin powder, garam masala, salt and sugar. Mix well.
7. Add the pressure cooked corn pieces and some water and cook for sometime.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
I'm sending this to TorView's Veggie/ Fruit A Month - Corn event originally started by Priya Mitharwal.