2 cups finely chopped onions
2 cups finely chopped methi/ fenugreek leaves
1 cup frozen green peas
3-4 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
3 tsp ginger- garlic paste
3 tsp green chilli paste/ to taste
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the ginger- garlic paste and fry for sometime.
3. Add green chilli paste and turmeric powder.
4. Add the chopped onions and cook them for sometime until they turn translucent. Add fenugreek leaves and peas and mix well.
5. Then add salt and garam masala powder and mix well.
5. Add the yogurt and cook the gravy for 2-3 minutes by covering the kadhai.
6. Now add the milk, mix well and cook for some more time.
7. Mix in the heavy cream and turn off the stove.
Note - If fresh peas are used, cook them separately before adding to the gravy.