Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Adapted from ManjulasKitchen
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 can (7oz) sweetened condense milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained. Save the juice.
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees (F).
2. Grease 8×8 inches cake pan
3. Drain pineapple using strainer let the juice dripped through without squeezing. Note: we will use juice and pineapple both.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt in a bowl.
5. In center part of the flour mix, add ½ cup pineapple juice, ½ cup pineapple chunks, butter, and condense milk.
6. Gently fold every thing together.
7. Pour the mixture in greased cake pan.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert knife in the center of the cake come out clean.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off for few minutes only.
10. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
11. Prick the cake several places with a fork.
12. Brush the top of the cake generously with the leftover pineapple juice while still hot.
13. Let cake cool before slicing the cake.